Scottish Book Trust’s Early Years Programme
Please Note: Due to Covid-19 restrictions there are NO Bookbug Sessions scheduled at the moment. We will update this page when we are able to hold sessions again and all changes will be posted on our social media channels. If you have any questions please contact the Library on 01856 873166 or email email@example.com.
Bookbug Sessions are fully inclusive and open to all families, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender identity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The Aims of Bookbug are:
- To provide free resources to help parents to share books with babies
- To ensure that all children have free and regular access to a wide range of books which are suitable for their age
- To promote a love of books and reading from an early age which will last throughout life
How Bookbug Works in Orkney
Orkney Library & Archive supplies local Health Visitors with Bookbug bags which are given out to babies and children at different stages.
- The Bookbug Baby Bag is gifted by your health visitor in your baby’s first year.
- The Bookbug Toddler Bag is gifted by your health visitor when your toddler is aged 1 to 2 years.
- The Bookbug Explorer Bag is given out at nursery when your child is aged 3 years.
- All P1 children will receive the P1 Family Bag during Book Week Scotland in November each year.
The Bookbug Library Challenge is a free and fun way to encourage children from birth to discover and enjoy their local library. The challenge runs in libraries across Scotland and your child will have the chance to collect beautifully illustrated certificates.
If you have any queries relating to the Bookbug programme in Orkney please contact the Bookbug Co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are NO Bookbug sessions taking place at the moment.